At Keefe, Keefe & Unsell, P.C., medical malpractice case evaluation and litigation are longstanding, clear strengths. Our firm engages in thorough, careful pre-screening and pursues cases judged meritorious by a network of qualified physicians and other experts. As a Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Belleville Illinois, Keefe, Keefe & Unsell, P.C. will look hard at the type of negligence involved and the magnitude of adverse consequences, recognizing that victims are seeking sound legal guidance and not false hope. Keefe, Keefe & Unsell, P.C. has handled a wide range of high-stakes medical malpractice claims, obtaining numerous sizable settlements and verdicts.
Medical Malpractice Attorney in St. Clair County, Illinois
Enforcing Health Care Professionals’ Accountability Under the Law
Like other licensed professionals, doctors must be held accountable for their actions. People have a right to expect diligence, focus and skill when they seek medical treatment. Our medical malpractice attorneys in St. Clair County, Illinois are prepared to meet the high standard of proof required to win compensation after medical mistakes including:
- Pre-natal and delivery room negligence that results in birth injuries such as cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy and other preventable conditions
- Failures to diagnose an illness such as cancer or heart disease, often by failing to administer the proper tests or misreading test results
- Misdiagnosis that prevents a patient from receiving timely, proper treatment
- Surgical errors, including operation on the wrong body part, unnecessary surgery or serious anesthesia mistakes
- Mismanaged post-surgical care
- Drug overdoses and other serious medication errors made at either the physician or pharmacy level
- Lack of informed consent when a doctor fails to properly inform a patient of the nature, intent and risks of a medical procedure, ultimately leading to a severe adverse outcome
Types of Medical Malpractice Case That We Handle
Birth Injuries – At Keefe, Keefe & Unsell, P.C., medical malpractice case evaluation and litigation are longstanding, clear strengths. Our firm engages in thorough, careful pre-screening and pursues cases judged meritorious by a network of qualified physicians and other experts.
Hospital Malpractice – Not all investigations into potential medical malpractice ultimately center on a specific doctor or any other single medical professional. In this age of “managed care” and bureaucracy that is pervasive throughout most aspects of the health care system, policies set and decisions made by hospital administrators must also be carefully considered.
A Total Effort, from an In-Depth Case Evaluation Through Settlement or Trial
Even as many lawyers are turning away from the complexity of medical malpractice litigation, we continue to take action against doctors and other medical professionals who fail to uphold prevailing standards of care. Our reputation compels opponents to take us seriously, and our case-building skills enable us to pursue sizable compensation with confidence.
If you or a loved one has been victimized by a serious medical mistake with life-changing or fatal consequences, please contact us for a thorough, informed evaluation of your potential legal case.