Product Liability Attorney for Defective Products
The prospect of a lawsuit against a powerful, wealthy manufacturer or other corporation is intimidating for an individual or family. At our law firm, our product liability lawyers have met this challenge many times. Our founding attorney’s track record includes recovery of sizable compensation for injured workers and other victims of corporate negligence and dangerous products.
Fundamentally, we believe any company that profits by making and distributing goods has a high level of responsibility to make its products as safe as possible. Federal and Illinois state products liability laws support this view, but they are complex and subject to interpretation at many levels.
Defective Products Attorney in St. Clair County, Illinois
Advocacy for Victims of Dangerous Auto Parts, Medical Devices and Medications
After a serious accident you believe was caused by a dangerous product, it can be critical to work with a lawyer who is:
- Knowledgeable about state and federal products liability statutes
- Prior experience with product liability claims
- Resourceful and committed to the thorough investigation necessary in such cases, calling on industry experts as necessary for analysis and insight into product manufacturer practices
- A proven negotiator and trial lawyer able to sustain an intensive, lengthy legal effort in order to maximize securing compensatory damages
Our capabilities at Keefe, Keefe & Unsell, P.C., extend to products liability cases involving:
- Auto defects including tire failures that can cause SUV and van rollovers, air bags that fail to deploy, seat belt and seat back failures, and more
- Defective medical devices including insulin pumps that seriously injure a diabetic patient through insulin overdose or an inadequate dosage
- Defective prescription drugs
Types of Defective Product Cases We Handle
Product liability litigation is a highly specialized form of legal representation. There are several types of product liability. As experienced injury lawyers know, some personal injury and wrongful death cases hinge on the willful failure of a company to make the products it uses or distributes as safe as reasonably possible. Learn about our winning case results and compensation that we have been able to achieve for our clients.
Others involve fundamental design defects or manufacturing defects that pose an unacceptable risk to consumers.
A third area of inquiry is whether inadequate product labeling, negligence in preparing user instructions, or other shortcomings constitute a failure to warn users of product dangers. Product liability lawsuits are as varied as there are manufacturers and injured parties.
Automobile Defects – Fundamentally, we believe any company that profits by making and distributing goods has a high level of responsibility to make its products as safe as possible. Federal and Illinois state products liability laws support this view, but they are complex and subject to interpretation at many levels.
Defective Medical Devices – Unfortunately, medical device failures are not uncommon and many products are determined to be unsafe after lives are lost and patients suffer severe injuries or irreversible health damage. Our Belleville, Illinois, legal team is prepared to investigate medical device failures that have serious consequences and take action for victims and surviving family members.
Design & Manufacturing Defects – Products liability laws are in place to protect consumers from defective and dangerous products of all types, ranging from contaminated food items to prescription drugs that pose unacceptable health risks, and from toys to automobiles and industrial equipment. Proving that a design or manufacturing defect caused serious injury or a wrongful death is a critical aspect of many civil lawsuits.
Labeling Defects & Failures to Warn – Under Illinois product liability laws, a product can be found unreasonably dangerous whether or not it has a fundamental design or manufacturing defect. The other major category of product deficiency that can justify a lawsuit is the failure to provide adequate labels, instructions or other materials that warn users of risks and dangers.
A proper analysis of your potential case includes determining whether an individual lawsuit or class action suit is appropriate. Our Belleville product liability attorneys are committed to providing honest, informed legal guidance and action in our clients’ best interests. To speak with a caring, dedicated lawyer about your ability to recover compensation, please contact us by using the contact form on this page.
Dangerous Products Are All Around: You Need An Attorney To Hold Product Manufacturers Responsible
Dangerous products can be found in various places, including seemingly unlikely ones. Here are five general examples of such places and the dangers associated with them:
Dangerous Children’s Toys and Products:
- Danger: Toys and products that contain small parts or have sharp edges can pose choking hazards and injury risks to children.
- Likely to Affect: Infants and young children who may put small parts in their mouths or sustain injuries during play.
Household Cleaning Products:
- Danger: Many household cleaning products contain toxic chemicals that can cause poisoning if ingested or skin and eye irritation if mishandled.
- Likely to Affect: Young children who might accidentally ingest these products and individuals who handle them without proper precautions.
Cosmetic and Personal Care Products:
- Danger: Certain cosmetics or personal care products may contain harmful chemicals that can cause allergic reactions, skin irritations, or long-term health issues.
- Likely to Affect: Individuals using these products, particularly those with sensitive skin or allergies.
Food and Food Packaging:
- Danger: Contaminated food products can cause foodborne illnesses, while certain food packaging materials may contain harmful chemicals that leach into the food.
- Likely to Affect: Consumers who ingest contaminated food, including vulnerable groups like the elderly, young children, and individuals with weakened immune systems.
Electronic Devices and Batteries:
- Danger: Electronic devices and their lithium-ion batteries can pose fire and explosion risks if they overheat or malfunction.
- Likely to Affect: Anyone using electronic devices or products powered by lithium-ion batteries.
Winning Product Liability Firm in St. Clair County, IL
At Keefe, Keefe, & Unsell P.C. we have served St. Clair County for over 40 years, providing expert legal advice to those harmed by dangerous products. We’ve been recognized for our work as Super Lawyers and Leading Lawyers, and have received numerous awards including the Martindale-Hubbell award, as well as the prestigious Leonard M. Ring award. We are recommended by former clients throughout Southern Illinois as the foremost dangerous product attorneys near me.
Those injured by dangerous products in St Clair County have discovered that the professional, compassionate representation we provide our clients is where we set ourselves apart from other law firms. We always provide expert legal support to the people of St. Clair County, IL and St. Louis.
If you’re in Southern Illinois and your searching for a product liability lawyer near me, please contact us at (618) 236-2221 for a free consultation and thorough, informed evaluation of your potential legal case.