Samantha S. Unsell was born and raised in Madison County, Illinois where her parents are both successful lawyers.
She attended Saint Louis University, receiving her juris doctor in 2008, and her bachelor of philosophy in 2005. While attending law school she worked as a law clerk for the firm, it was there that you began to see Sam’s hard-work, dedication and commitment to clients. As a law clerk at the firm, she was mentored by one of the most respected and recognized lawyers in the state, Tom Keefe, who taught her what it takes to work up a case and take a case to trial. After passing the Illinois bar, she joined the firm in 2009 as an associate.
Since joining the firm she has exhibited determination, dedication, and a willingness to go the extra mile to obtain both settlements and verdicts for her clients. She works tirelessly to investigate, research, and prosecute complex medical malpractice cases to obtain justice for clients who have been harmed by medical errors.
On October 1st, 2015, Samantha was named Partner.
Sam focuses her practice on personal injury cases including medical malpractice, wrongful death, automobile/trucking accidents and railroad crossing accidents. Sam is licensed to practice in both Illinois and Missouri.
& Past Academics
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Railroad Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Medical Malpractice
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation on Behalf of the Plaintiff
- Illinois, 2009
- Missouri, 2009
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 2009
- Saint Louis University School of Law, Saint Louis, Missouri
- Saint Louis University, Saint Louis, Missouri
- B.A. (Cum Laude) – 2005
- Major: Philosophy
Honors & Awards
- Emerging Lawyer: those identified by their peers as the top lawyers, a title bestowed on less than 2% of all lawyers licensed in Illinois, 2015 – 2017
- Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star: a distinction that is limited to fewer than 2.5% of the attorneys in Illinois and awarded according to a polling of lawyers practicing in Illinois, 2016 – 2018
- Top 10 Illinois Downstate Emerging Lawyer, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- East St. Louis Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2013 – present
- St. Clair County Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2014 – 2018
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Managers, 2014 – present
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois, Member, 2017 – present
- American Association for Justice