Samantha S. Unsell was born and raised in Madison County, Illinois where her parents are both successful lawyers.
She attended Saint Louis University, receiving her juris doctor in 2008, and her bachelor of philosophy in 2005. While attending law school she worked as a law clerk for the firm, it was there that you began to see Sam’s hard-work, dedication and commitment to clients. After passing the Illinois bar, she joined the firm in 2009 as an associate.
Since joining the firm she has exhibited determination, dedication, and a willingness to go the extra mile to obtain both settlements and verdicts for her clients.
We are happy to announce that as of October 1st, 2015, Samantha is our newest partner of the Keefe & Keefe firm!
Sam focuses her practice on personal injury cases including medical malpractice, wrongful death, automobile/trucking accidents and railroad crossing accidents.
She has been a guest speaker at Southern Illinois University of Edwardsville, School of Dental Medicine.
Sam is licensed to practice in both Illinois and Missouri.
She belongs to St. Clair County, Madison County and East Saint Louis Bar Associations. She is on the Board of Managers for the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association. She also serves as treasurer of the Young Democrats of Southwestern Illinois and is on the Board of Directors for both the East Saint Louis Bar Association and the St. Clair County Bar Association.
& Past Academics
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury — Plaintiff
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Plaintiff
- Premises Liability — Plaintiff
- Railroad Accidents — Plaintiff
- Wrongful Death — Plaintiff
- Dental Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Auto Accidents
- General Personal Injury
- Prisoner’s Rights
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Illinois, 2009
- Missouri, 2009
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 2009
- Saint Louis University School of Law, Saint Louis, Missouri
- Saint Louis University, Saint Louis, Missouri
- B.A. (Cum Laude) – 2005
- Major: Philosophy
Honors & Awards
- Academic Excellence Award in Contracts, 2005
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Young Democrats of Southwestern Illinois, Treasurer, 2010 – present
- Board of Directors, East St. Louis Bar Association, 2013 – present
- Board of Directors, St. Clair County Bar Association, 2014 – present
- Board of Managers, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, 2014 – present
Pro Bono Activities
- Prisoner Litigation